Dr Shikha Seth
Chief Medical Superintendent
Dr Shikha Seth did her MBBS from Sarojini Naidu Medical College
and MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology from King George Medical University
Research Work completed by Dr Shikha Seth
1. Low dose Mifepristone 50mg in treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal women. Sanctioned by UP Council of Science & Technology, Lucknow. 2 Years (2009 – 2011)
2. Role of Isosorbide mononitrate in cervical ripening for induction of labour – randomized placebo controlled trial. 2 years (2013 – 2015).Sanctioned by UP Council of Science & Technology Lucknow
3. Evaluation of efficacy of Misoprostol PGE-1 analogue in induction of labour. A randomized control trial. Thesis research work, 3 years (2001 – 2004). King George’s. Medical College Lucknow.
4. Post doctoral research project entitled “ Expression profile of circulating and placental micro RNA s as potential biomarkers in pre-eclampsia. Sanctioned through Science & Engineering Research Board under department of Science & Technology, Government of India. (march 2017–2019) Research fellow–Dr. Sonali Yadav, Mentor – Dr. Shikha Seth
5. Morphological and histological study of umbilical cord in diabetic and hypertensive mothers.
6. Evaluation of Effect of Iron supplementation on Oxidative stress in anaemic pregnant women at RIMS & R Saifai.
7. Study of cervical mucous characterstics and serum inflammatory biomarkers in preterm labour compared to term labour cases. Dr.Shikha Seth, Dr.Sweta, (2016-2018)
8. Evaluation of Predictive value of Microproteinuria, urinary calcium to creatinine ratio in early diagnosis of Pre-eclampsia. Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Alpana Rajpoot, Dr. Arun Nagrath
9. Evaluation of Genito-urinary symptomatology in natural and surgical menopausal cases. Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Kritika Goel (2015-1017)
10. Study of diagnostic efficacy of RMI -II, NLR & PLR in preoperative assessment of adnexal masses in females and its histological correlation. Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Shipra Saxena. (2016-2018)
Details of Research publications by Dr Shikha seth
1.Comparison of Low dose, single dose, and standard Pritchard regimen of Magnesium Sulphate in antepartum Eclampsia.
Shikha Seth, Arun Nagrath, Dinesh K.Singh.
Anatolian Journal of Obst.& Gynae: 2010 1(1) ISSN 1308-8254
2. Oral Misoprostol for induction of labour.
Shikha Seth, Arun Nagrath, Neeru Goel DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/njog.v5i1.5060
Nepal Journal of Obst&Gynae. NJOG 2010 Jul–Aug; 5(1):40 -43. ISSN 1999-9623
3. Awareness of cervical cancer screening among nursing staff in a tertiary institution or rural India.
Ekta Singh, Shikha Seth, V Rani, DK Shrivasta Doi: 10.3802/jgo.2012.23.3.141
Journal of Gynecol Oncol. JGO 2012 july; 23(3): 141-146 PMCID 22808355
4. Low dose Mifepristone (100mg) for medical termination of pregnancy.
Shikha Seth, Arun Nagrath, Neeru Goel. Doi:10.4102/phcfm.v3i1.254
Afr J Prm Health Care Fam Med. PHCFM 2011; 3(1): Art.#254
5. A prospective analysis of etiology and outcome of Pręterm labour
Singh Uma, Singh Nisha, Seth Shikha
Journal of Obstet&Gynecol India.57(1): Jan/Feb 2007; 48-52. ISSN 0971-9202
6. Pregnancy Termination: a frequent mode of Contraception in rural Uttar Pradesh and its outcome.
Shikha Seth, Ekta Singh, Arun Nagrath
Journal of U.P.chapter of Obst. & Gynae. 2010 ISSN 0975-9441
( Shree PrabhuDayalBaveja Memorial Gold Medal at UPCON 2010 for best paper )
7. Fetal outcome in relation with NST & Doppler study in High risk pregnancy.
S.P Jaiswar, R. Singh, R Sachan, Nisha, Shikha Seth, Naseem Bano
Journal of UP Chapter of OBG 2006: 1; 35-38.
8.Prevalence of RTI in married women association with past reproductive behaviour in district Gorakhpur.
Vidya Rani, Shikha Seth, CM Singh, PK Jain, S.Gupta
Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Med. IJPSM 2009; 40 (3&4): 199-202.
9. Comparative study of Nifedipine and Isoxsuprine as tocolytic agent for Preterm labour.
Singh Nisha, Singh Uma, Seth Shikha PMID 23024518
Journal of Obstet&Gynaecol India. sept-oct 2011; 61(5): 512-515. PMCID - 3257331
10.Chronic Pelvic Pain evaluation & initial management a study from rural western U.P.
Shikha Seth, Neeru Goel. PMID: 23029827
Journal of Indian Medical Association. JIMA jan 2012. 110; (01): 25-28.
11.Effect ofMifepristone (25mg) in treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal women. PMID: 23833529 PMCID: 3702060
Shikha Seth, Neeru Goel, Ekta Singh, AS Mathur, Garima Gupta
J. Mid-life Health. JMH 2013; 4(1): 22-26 Doi: 10. 4103/0976-7800.109630
12.Mifepristone dose response study for uterine myoma in perimenopausal woman.
Shikha Seth, Ekta Singh, ASMathur, Samar Narayan, Garima.
Journal of UP Chapter Obst. & Gynae. July 2013; 1 (1): 49-51
13. Effect of Oral Hydration Therapy on Isolated Oligo-hydroamnios cases & perinatal outcome.
Pragati Mishra, Shikha Seth, Vaibhav Kanti, SK Shukla
Journal of Women Health Issues & Care.2014; 3:2 doi:10.4172/2325-9795.1000138
14. Modified Programmed labour and its outcome: A humane approach to delivery in ruralsettings.
Rajani Rawat, Shikha Seth, Arun Nagrath.
Journal of UP Chapter Obst. & Gynae. 2014………………….
15. Fundus changes and fetal outcomes in pregnancy induced H.T.: An observational study
Ravi Ranjan, Sriti Sinha, Shikha Seth
Int J of Scientific study. Oct 2014; 2(7): 6-8
16. Applebaum scoring in assessment of endometrium
Journal of UP chapter Obst. & Gynae
Pooja Gupta, Shikha Seth
Case reports by Dr Shikha Seth
1. Thanatophoric Dwarfism: A Lethal skeletal dysplasia.
Singh DK, Seth Shikha, Singh Mamta
Pediatric On Call April-June 2011.vol 8; 2: 47-48.
2. Huge Nulliparous prolapse with cervical dystocia.
Seth Shikha, Nagrath Arun, Singh DK, Deoghare Rajani.
NJOG 2010. nov-dec; 5(2): 50-51.ISSN 1999-9623
3. Concomitant Anencephaly & Hydrocephaly in twin pregnancy.
Ekta Singh, Shikha Seth
International J of Clinical Cases & Investigations. IJCCI 2012.vol 4 (4): 32-34.
4. Complex case of Herniated Gravid Uterus Rupture with Placenta Accreta
Ekta Singh, Shikha Seth, Pooja GuptaISSN: 2325-9728
J GenitSystDisor 2013; 2:2 Doi: 10.4172/2325-9728.1000107
5. Parasitic acardiac twin: a rare anomaly of monchoriaonic TRAP sequence.
Shikha Seth, Rajani Rawat, Rajesh Yadav, Alpana Rajput.
Int J Med. 2014 May; 1(1):63-65 DOI: 10.5455/xxxx-xxxx.ijm20140517
6. Clear Cell Carcinoma of Endometrium: a clinical review.
Shikha Seth, Rajani Rawat, Vaibhav Kanti, Pragati Mishra.
Journal of South Asian Federation of Menopause Societies JSAFOMS jan-jun2014;2(1):
7. A case of Endometrial tuberculosis complicated by Pott’s spine with paraplegia.
NA Wafai, Shikha Seth, PS Singh ISSN:2320-6012
International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences.(IJRMS) .2014 ; 2 (3): 1157
8. Pedunculated Angiomyxofibroma of Vulva: a rare entity.
Rajani Rawat, Shikha Seth, Pinki Pandey, Pragati Mishra. ISSN: 2325-9728
J GenitSystDisord - Accepted : 2014 SciTech-13-348
9. Successful twin pregnancy after pre-rupture diagnosisand resection of non-
communicating rudimentary horn : case report.
Shikha Seth, Neelam Swaroop, Vaibhav Kanti.
J..GenitSystDisor 2014; 3: 2
10. Vulvar Myiasis: a rare case report.
Rajani Rawat, Shikha Seth, Ramakant Rawat, Shriti Sinha.
Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2014 ;3 (3)
11. A rare areolar growth developing late in pregnancy. (Letter to Editor)
Shikha Seth, Pinki Pandey, Rajani Rawat, Soniya Vishwakarma,
Indian Dermatology Online Journal. July-aug 2015; 6 (4) :
Achievements by Dr Shikha Seth
1. Laparoscopic fellowship (1 month) at Akola Endoscopy Centre Akola Oct. 2007.
2. Regional level trainer for RTI/STI workshops under NACP – III.
3. Done A. R. T. specialist training at K.G.M.C. Lucknow.
4. Basic course in Medical Education Tech. at Maulana Azad Med. Col. N. Delhi
4. Revised Basic course MET at U.P. University of Medical Sciences, Saifai, Etawah in 2016.
5. 11th ICMR course on Medical Genetics 20thjuly – 11thaug 2012 SGPGI Lucknow.
6. CIMP -2012, Credentialed Menopause Practitioner award
7. FICS – 2014, Fellowship of International College of Surgeons
8. FICOG -2016, Fellowship of Indian College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologists
9. Dr Praveen Mehta Endoscopic fellowship FOGSI award 2015 (NILES – Mumbai - 3Months)
Details of Academic awards won by Dr Shikha Seth
1. Gold Medal & distinction in Community Medicine in MBBS
2. Received Shree PrabhuDayalBaveja Memorial Gold Medalfour times at UP Chapter conference for best paper publication on the health of rural women in Journal of UP Chapter Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
a) In 2010 as first author.
b) In 2014 As co-author with Dr. Rajani Rawat
c) In 2015As co -author with Dr. Priya Sharma
d) In 2018 as Co-author with Dr. Kritika Goel
3. 2nd prize for best video presentation on laparoscopy in 2015 at Ultimate Advances in Gynaecology at Mumbai.
4. Best e- poster award presentation at DIPSI conference 2017. Lucknow.
Papers, Posters presented by Dr Shikha Seth
1. Mifepristone dose response study for uterine myoma in perimenopausal women.
9th SAFOG at ITC Mughal on 1-3rd March 2013. Agra
2. Epidemiology of preterm labour and its outcome.
50th AICOG 2007 on 6th -9th Jan 2007 Kolkata.
3.Low dose MgSO4 in comparison to Pritchard and Single dose in cases of Eclampsia.
55th AICOG- 2012 at IMS- BHU, 26-30th Jan 2012. Varanasi
4.Efficacy of Isosorbide Mononitrate as cervical ripening agent in induction oflabour.
29th ISOPARB at KGMC on 23-24th march 2013. Lucknow
5.Low dose Mifepristone in treatement of uterine myoma in perimenopausal woman.
17th IMSCON -2012 at Surajkund on 17-19th Feb 2012. Faridabad
6.Medical abortion with 200mg Mifepristone.
13th UP Chapter 15-16th Dec. 2001 at K.G.M.C.Lucknow
7.Evaluation of efficacy of Misoprostol in induction of Labour.
17th UP Chapter 12 – 13th Nov. 2005 at LLRM Med. College. Meerut
8.Low dose Mifepristone for termination of early pregnancy at home with oral Misoprostol.
20th UP Chapter, 6 – 7th Dec. 2008 at MLN Med. College. Allahabad
9.Role of Sono-salpingography in Tubal Factor Infertility.
21st UP Chapter, 7 – 8th Nov.2009 at B.H.U. Varanasi
10. Interval Laparoscopic cerclage- case series (video presentation) won 2nd prize
Ultimate Advances in Gynaecology IAGE- FOGSI-MOGS event May 2015.
11. Low dose Mifepristone in treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal women.
23rd UPCON 19-20th Nov. 2012 at Agra.
12.Efficacy of Isosorbide mononitrate as cervical ripening agent in induction of labour
24th UP Chapter 2012 on 21-23rd Dec 2012 at MLB Jhansi
13.Assessment of Semen analysis by new WHO criteria in infertile couple:Hospital based study.
E- Poster. RCOG world conference 28th -30th March 2014 Hyderabad
Conferences and workshops attended as faculty by Dr Shikha Seth
1. 25th UPCON 2013 at K.G.M.U. Lucknow (Panelist in PCOS recent management)
2. 29th ISOPARB at KGMC Lucknow on 23-24th March 2013
3. Pulmonary Medicine Update at U.P. RIMS & R Saifai, 28th sept. 2012.
4. Force PG Crash course 2012 at KGMC as Faculty. 24 – 26th August 2012
5. National UPCON 2015 at Kanpur
6. 59th AICOG 14th – 17th Jan 2016 at Agra
Conferences and workshops attended as delegate by Dr Shikha Seth
1. National CME Module II, AIIMS, New Delhi. (Oct. 2003)
2. Ethiskills course, EthicoInstitue of Surgical evaluation New Delhi. (2003)
3. GOI-FOGSI-WHO-IPAS, Safe abortion workshop KGMC Lucknow (2001)
4. 13th Annual conference of U.P. Chapter KGMC Lucknow. (Dec. 2001)
5. FOGSI contraceptive Update. KGMC, Lucknow. (May 2003)
6. Medical certification of death. KGMC Lucknow. (July 2003)
7. PCOS, CME KGMC, Lucknow. (2003)
8. Ovarian drilling workshop. KGMC, Lucknow. (Dec. 2003)
9. Programmed labor workshop Lucknow. (2003)
10. Workshop on IUI. KGMC Lucknow. (2003)
11. 17th UPCON annual “UP Chapter conference, Meerut (2005)
12. 49th AICOG annual conference of FOGSI, Kerala (Jan. 2006)
13. 18th UPCON annual conference “UP Chapter Kanpur (Nov. 2006)
14. USCON XV national conference of IFUMB Lucknow (2006)
15. 21st ISOPARB-CON Lucknow. (Feb. 2005)
16. LAPAROCON -2005 awareness seminar laparoscopic surgery.IAGES (Oct. 2005)
17. AOFOG-FOGSI-PPH initiative workshop KGMU, Lucknow (Jan. 2006)
18. Female urinary incontinence and pelvic floor reconstruction workshop & symposium. Kanpur (Nov. 2006)
19. 50th AICOG annual conference FOGSI Kolkata. (Jan. 2007)
20. ICOG C.S. Dawn CME on Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. Lucknow (Dec. 2007)
21. 20th UPCON-OBGYN 2008 at Allahabad December.
22. 21st UPCON-OBGYN 2009 at BHU Varanasi November
23. 3rd World Congress of Infertility at Mumbai, Nov. 2008.
24. Ovulation induction & IUI workshop at 3rd World Congress at Mumbai
25. Assisted Reproductive Technology and Embryology Live Demo at 3rd World Congress
26. Live Workshop of Suture less Hysterectomy at Agra. March 2008
27. 5th Annual conference of UPMICRO-CON -09 at RIMS & R Saifai, Etawah.
28. 55th National Annual Conference of Physiologist and Pharmacologist Dec. 2009.
29. 17th IMSCON 2012 –on 17-19th Feb. 2012 at surajkund, Faridabad
31. 23rd UPCON 2011 at Agra 19-20th Nov. 2011
32. 24th UPCON 2012 at MLB Jhansi 21-23rd Dec. 2012.
33. 55th AICOG 2012 at BHU Varanasi, 26-30th Jan 2012.
34. Research Methodology workshop for north zone HRRC & FU, RIMS Saifai 2012.
35. Life style modification workshop on 17th Feb 2012 at 17th IMSCON –Faridabad.
36. 9th SAFOG 2013 at ITC Mughal Agra 1 – 3rd March 2013
37. Urogynaecology Workshop + Lap at PMCC Rainbow Hospital Agra 28th Feb 2013.
38. 29th ISOPARB at KGMC Lucknow on 23-24th March 2013
39. 5TH National conference on Science of Research 16-18th July 2010 Nagpur.
40.IMSCON 2014 Workshop on Preventive oncology / Urogynaecology 21-23rd Feb. Agra
41.BJOGAuthor workshop: a complement to clinical practice.27th Mar 2014 Hyderabad
42. BJOG Pelvic Floor: A clinic-surgical perspective. RCOG world congress Hyderabad.
43. RCOG world Conference 28th -30th March 2014 Hyderabad.
44. ICSIS, International college of surgeons-Indian section, Sept 2014 at Bangalore.
45. UPCON 2014 at Muzaffarnagar U.P 29th -30th Nov. 2014
46. 58th AICOG conference/ CME/ workshop at Chennai, on 22nd to 25th Jan 2015.
47 59th AICOG conference/CME at Agra in Jan 2016 as Faculty
48. UPCON 2016 at Gorakhpur medical college Nov 2016
49. 60th AICOG conference at Ahmadabad January 2017
1. Federation of Obstetrics &Gynecology Society of India (FOGSI) through
2. Agra Obstetrics &Gynecology Society. (AOGS)
3. Indian Medical Association(IMA) Etawah. UP/7754/46/90/131860/2007-08/L
4. Indian Menopause Society (IMS- life member) L.M. 1860
5. U.P. Chapter of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (life member)
7. AGOI (national) UP Chapter AGOI – Association of Gynaecological Oncologists.
8. OGSE – Obstetrics & Gynaecology Society Etawah (founder member & Gen Secretary 2016-2018)