DEPARTMENT OF ENT & HEAD NECK SURGERY
Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery is a surgical subspeciality which deals with diseases extending from dura to pleura. Our department, an integral part of the institute is accoutered with modern state-of- art equipments and provides comprehensive medical services to patients with diseases affecting ENT- Head and Neck region. The department, living up to the motto of the institution, is working hard to provide the best treatment possible for Ear, Nose and Throat related ailments. Be it modern diagnostic aids or latest surgical methods, we keep ourselves up to date and this never ending quest for knowledge continues. The interdepartmental collaboration with other departments such as General Medicine, General Surgery, Paediatrics, Radiology, Pathology, Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Speech and Hearing Department has helped us in setting up various speciality clinics.
1. To provide high quality, affordable and accessible patient care
2. Establish excellence in medical education for undergraduates, post graduates, nursing and paramedical staff
3. To cultivate and encourage scientific research
To provide high quality, affordable patient services & envisions to establish a centre of excellence in medical education and research.
Name of the first HOD
Dr. Rahul Kumar Bagla
Names & Qualification of all members
Dr Rajesh Roshan
Dr Dharmendra Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar Sharma
Dr. Rahul Kumar Bagla
Assistant Professor & Head
Dr Rahul Kumar bagla earned his MBBS degree from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi and M.S. (ENT) degree from University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After pursuing senior residency, he joined as ENT specialist in ESIC Model Hospital, Noida. Presently working as Assistant Professor in Government institute of medical sciences, Greater Noida.
Area of interest
Endoscopic Sinus/ Skull Base Surgery
Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
Details of conferences/ CME/ workshops - Dr Rahul Kumar Bagla
1.17th workshop on FESS at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad on 11th to 13th Feb 2011.
2. 2nd International Course on "Sialendoscopy" November 11-12, 2010,UCMS DELHI.
3. 3rd International Course on "Sialendoscopy" on December 2-3, 2011 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
4. Advanced Course on "Middle Ear Reconstruction" & Symposium on "Middle Ear Mechanics" on December 4-5, 2011 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
5. The 4th LION December Broadcast, Wednesday, December 14th 2011: "Stapes Surgery, How We Do it" LION (Live International Otolaryngology Network) Winter Global Broadcast.
6. International Course on "Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT)" on February 10 -12, 2012 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
7. Principal of Ethics in Clinical research on 20th September 2018.
8. International CME-cum-Workshop Recent Updates in Mind, Body & Medicine on 20th November 2018 in collaboration with Department of Psychology (GBU).
9. 1st Annual Otolaryngology Update - Head and Neck Oncology on 14th December 2018.
10. International Conference on Cancer of Larynx and Hypophayrnx, UCMS & GTBH, DELHI, 21-22 December, 2018.
Details of Research publications - Dr Rahul Kumar Bagla
1. Gupta N, Singh PP, Bagla R. Will Septal Correction surgery for Deviated Nasal Septum Improve the Sense of Smell- A Prospective Study. Surgery Research and Practice vol 2015, Article ID 496542, 5 pages; http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/496542
Facility available in Department
1. OPD consultation
2. Well-equipped minor OT
3. Clinical examination
4. Sound proof audiometry room
5. Speech therapy
6. Diagnostic endoscopy
7. Various speciality clinics like Vertigo clinic, Head and Neck Cancer clinic, Otology clinic and Rhinology clinic are also conducted.
8. All routine ENT operations – Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Tympanoplasty, Mastoid surgeries. Endoscopic Sinus surgeries, Rhinoplasty (open and closed), Endoscopic DCR, Microlaryngeal surgeries and Cancer surgeries like Parotid, Submandibular, Laryngectomy, Maxillectomy, Radical neck dissection.
9. We are well equipped with rigid nasal endoscopes , otoendoscope, flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscopes, rigid telescopy of larynx including laryngoscopy and all recording system.
10. Pradhanmantri Jan Aarogya Yojna - Ayushmann Bharat
Facility wise daily work load
1. ENT OPD -
2. ENT IPD -
3. Major OT Cases -
4. Minor OT Cases -
5. Audiometry cases -
6. Speech therapy -
We are well equipped with surgical instruments, audiometry, rigid nasal endoscopes , otoendoscope, flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscopes, rigid telescopy of larynx including laryngoscopy and all recording system
CME/ Workshops organized by the department
1. CME - 1st Annual Otolaryngology Update - Head and Neck Oncology on 14th December 2018
Teaching & Training activities
- Actively involved in teaching and training lectures and activities along with surgery and allied branches.
Research ongoing activities by the department
1. Intratympanic corticosteroid administration as a primary treatment for idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss
2. Pre-malignant lesions of oral cavity - A clinicopathological study
3. Hearing loss in chronic smokers
4. Prevalence of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media (CSOM) and Associated Hearing Impairment Among School-aged Children in Greater noida.
ENT OPD :
1. 04 ENT OPD Consultation Rooms
2. HOD Room
3. HOD office ( clerk / records / enquiry room )
4. Nurse Room
5. DEMO Room / Seminar room / Library
6. Audiometry room
7. Speech therapy room
9. Minor OT / Dressing / Endoscopy Room
10. Non teaching staff room
11. Waiting area for patients
12. Patients education posters
ENT WARDS :
1. 10 patients beds ( 04 semi intensive beds ) with suction, humidifier, side table & stool
2. HOD Room
3. HOD Office ( clerical room )
4. Sister in charge room
5. Nurses Duty Room
6. Nursing Station.
7. Wards are constructed in such a way that the Nurse from her Nursing Station is able to have an overview of all the patients in the wards.
8. Examination / Treatment / Dressing / Minor OT Room.
9. Ward Pantry.
10. Store room for linen and other equipment.
11. Medicine store room.
12. Resident Doctors and students Duty Room.
13. Clinical Demonstration Room
Teaching Aids available
2 Demo Rooms
No. of PCs and laptop Computers in Department
“We aim to serve mankind with the knowledge bestowed upon us by the almighty and trust laid in us by man”