Dr Shikha Seth
MD, FICS, FICOG
Professor and Head
Dr Shikha Seth did her MBBS from Sarojini Naidu Medical College Agra and MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology from King George Medical University Lucknow
Best paper publication on the health of rural women: Shree Prabhu DayalBaveja Memorial Gold Medal for publication at UP Chapter Obstetrics &Gynaecology conference twice in state
Journal of UP Chapter Obstetrics &Gynaecology.
- 1. In 2010 as first author.
- 2. In 2014 As co-author with Dr. Rajani Rawat
Best paper publication Krishna Mukherjee medal on recent advances
- c) In 2015As co -author with Dr. Priya Sharma>/
- d) In 2018 as Co-author with Dr. Kritika Goel>/
- Best video presentation – 2nd Prize on laparoscopy in 2015 at Ultimate Advances in Gynaecology at Mumbai.
- Best e- poster award 1st prize on presentation at DIPSI conference 2017. Lucknow.
- CIMP -2012, Credentialed Menopause Practitioner award
- Dr Praveen Mehta Endoscopic fellowship FOGSI award 2015 (NILES – Mumbai - 3Months)
Research Projects: Extra-mural funded
- 1. Low dose Mifepristone 50mg in treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal women. Sanctioned by UP Council of Science & Technology, Lucknow. 2009 – 2011
- 2. Role of Isosorbide mononitrate in cervical ripening for induction of labour – randomized placebo controlled trial, presently running. Sanctioned by UP Council of Science & Technology Lucknow for the period of 2 years (2013 – 2015).
- 3. Monitoring Placental health and function across pregnancy using placental derived nanovesicles in maternal blood – (Mentor) DBT -SERB project 2018-20
- 4. PI from satellite centreGIMS under collaborating centre – AIIMS, New Delhi COVID-19 infection in Pregnancy: WHO - SCOPE study; (in analysis phase)
- 5. Guide of ICMR -STS project (short term studentship) 2020 -2021 for MBBS student. - Assessment of Predicting efficacy of Cervical mucous testing for spontaneous onset of labour in term pregnancies.
- 6. Co-Investigator from GIMS (satellite centre) PLACID Trial. Agarwal A, Mukherjee A, Kumar G, Chatterjee P, Bhatnagar T, Malhotra P, et al. Convalescent plasma in the management of moderate COVID-19 in India: An open-label parallel-arm phase II multicentre randomized controlled trial (PLACID Trial) [Internet]. bioRxiv. 2020. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/2020.09.03.20187252 (completed - Multicentric trial)
Intra-mural Projects: as Principle Investigator:
- Role of short term oral Estradiol in natural estrogen deficient symptomatic COVID 19 patient- a RCT (ongoing CTRI registered trial)
- COVID-19 infection in Pregnancy: Analysis of potential Feto-Maternal effects and risk of vertical transmission. project ongoing.
- Study the efficacy of new Sonographic Birth canal scoring as predictor for onset of spontaneous labour in 36- 40weeks singleton pregnancies. Ongoing
- Study of efficacy of low dose(100mg) Mifepristone in medical abortion and contraception preferences of abortion seekers in rural western UP (2008-2010).
- Study of Preterm labour etiological factors & comparison of nifedipine versus Isoxsuprine in its management.2004-2006 (completed & published)KGMU, lucknow.
- Evaluation of efficacy of Misoprostol PGE-1 analogue in induction of labour. A randomized control trial. 2001 – 2004 K.G, Medical College Lucknow
Intra-mural Projects: as Co- investigator
- 1. Efficacy of Mifepristone and misoprostol vs misoprostol alone for inducing labour in
Intra uterine death- RCT (running)
Psychological impact, stressors and coping strategies among frontline and second line health workers in COVID pandemic- A comparative study from North India (completed & published)
Thesis Guide: MS Obstetrics &Gynaecology as Chief Guide :
- 1. Evaluation of Predictive value of Microalbuminuria, urinary calcium to creatinine ratio in early diagnosis of Pre-eclampsia. Dr. Alpana Rajput 2014-2016
- 2. Randomized controlled trial for second trimerester termination of pregnancy using misorpostol, foley’s catheter and extra amniotic saline – Dr. Ruchi Gupta 2015-17
- 3. Study of prevalence of genital tract infections and other gynaecological morbid conditions in HIV infected women. – Dr. Yasmeen 2015-2017
- 4. Evaluation of Genitourinary symptomatology in rural postmenopausal women of western Uttar Pradesh. Dr. Kritika Goel 2016-2018
- 5. To study the diagnostic efficacy of RMI II, NLR and PLR in preoperative assessment of adnexal masses in females and its histological correlation. – Dr. Shipra 2016-2018
- 6. Analysis of transitional milk of post natal cases in non Anaemic mothers and its comparison with anaemic mother in rural wester UP. -Dr. Parul Garg 2017-2019
- 7. Comparison of efficacy of CBNAAT and histopathology in suspect genital tuberculosis – Dr. S 2017-2019
- 8. Morphological and histological study of umbilical cord in diabetic and hypertensive mothers.
- 9. Assessment of Sympathetic vascular reactivity in different trimester of Pregnancy and its correlation to the development of pregnancy induced hypertension and pre-eclampsia -Dr. Reena R. Verma 2018
- 10. Evaluation of Effect of Iron supplementation on Oxidative stress in anaemic pregnant women at RIMS & R Saifai.
- 11. Histological and morphological study of Thymus gland in Human Fetuses.
- 12. To study the cervical mucous characteristics and serum inflammatory biomarkers in preterm labour compared to term pregnancy cases. -Dr. Sweta Km 2018
Reviewer for Journals:
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) Case Reports
- Indian Journal of Obstetrics &Gynaecology Research (IJOGR)
- International Research Journal of Medicine & Medical Sciences.(IRJMMS)
- SN Comprehensive Clinical Medicine
1. Co-authored: “Single Surgical Procedures”–Atlas of Gynaecological surgery. Jaypee Bro. Malhotra, Nagrath, Seth – 5 volumes
- a. Colour atlas Cervicopexy
- b. Colour atlas Surgery for Vault Prolapse
- c. Colour atlas Abdominal Incisions
- d. Colour atlas Caesarean Section
- e. Colour atlas Vaginal Hysterectomy
2. As Editor:
- a. Progress in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.Vol-3. Jaypee Bro. Malhotra, Nagrath, Seth.
- b. FOGSI Update in Obstetrics & Gynaecology-1.Palshetkar, Nagrath, Seth, Tank
3. Chapters Authored:
- a. Difficult Vagina Hysterectomy – “HYSTERECTOMY” by ‘Elsevier’ pub.
- b. Injectable contraceptive – an update in Progress in OBG vol. -3
- c. Thyroid disorders in pregnancy – FOGSI Update in Obstetrics &Gynaecology
- d. Minimal invasive methods of treating Menorrhagia – FOGSI Update in OBG
- e. Myomectomy at Cesarean section – Practical Aspects- FOGSI Update in OBG
Organized Academic Sessions:
- Web-CME Cervical Cancer prevention- Covid-19 & Beyond under Aegis of UP Chapter AGOI, on 16th October 2020
- Organized Green menstrual drive and all India safe menstrual pledge taking ceremony on 5thmarch 2020
- Oncology CME “Ovarian Malignancy Update” on 10th August 2019 under the aegis of UP State Chapter AGOI
- Basic course workshop MEU as Co-ordinator at UPUMS, Saifai 2016
- Revised basic course workshop MEU as co-ordinatior UPUMS Saifai.2017
Examinership: Under Graduate MBBS & Post graduate (MD/MS) obstetrics &Gynaecology course examiner at own institute & External examiner at
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Rajasthan University. Jabalpur University MP
- Delhi University, King George’s Medical Univ. Lucknow, UP.
- IGIMS, Patna, Bihar, Meerut university, Jhansi Univesity,
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra
- SAIMS, Indore , Era’s Medical University, Lucknow, Hapur etc.
- Laparoscopic fellowship at Akola Endoscopy Centre Akola Oct. 2007.
- Regional level trainer for RTI/STI workshops under NACP – III.
- A. R. T. specialist training at K.G.M.C. Lucknow.
- 11th ICMR course on Medical Genetics 20thjuly – 11thaug 2012 SGPGI Lucknow
- Basic course in Medical Education Tech. at Maulana Azad Med. Col. N. Delhi
- Revised Basic course MET at U.P. University of Medical Sciences, Saifai, in 2016.
- Co-ordinator of MEU at UP UMS, Saifai from 2016-2018 and conducted revised Basic course workshop twice.
- Curriculum Implementation Support Program (CISP) from 25th to 27th July 2019 at Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Gr. Noida under aegis of NC/NR, MEU, KGMU Lucknow
1. Agarwal A, Mukherjee A, Kumar Gunjan, Chatterjee P et al. Convalescent plasma in the management of moderate covid19 in adult in india: open label phase II multicentrerandomised controlled trial (PLACID Trial). BMJ.2020; 371doi: 10.1136/bmj.m3939
2. Sharma R, Seth S, Solanki HK, Mishra N, Srivastava A, Jakhar K. Covid 29 & obstetrical care: coping with new stress. Cureus 2020 12 (12): e12116 DOI: 10.7759/cureus.12116
3. Divedi P, Maheshwari P, Seth S, Mishra A. analysis of transitional Milk of Post natal cases in naon-anemica mothers and its comparison with anemic mothers in rural wester UP. Cureus 2020;12(12):e 11818 DOI 10.7759/cureus.11818
4. Seth S, Saxena S, Verma V, Kanti V, Kumari K et al. study of diagnostic efficacy of RMI, NLR and PLR in preoperative assessment of adnexal masses in females & HPE correlation. 2020;Cureus doi:10.7759
5. Singh P, Kumari K, Seth S, Verma V, Singh V. Evaluation of endometrium by transvaginal ultrasonography and hysteroscopy and its correlation with histopathology in perimenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding at tertiary rural centre. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2020;9(2):735-39
6. Laspal P, Swaroop N, Seth S, Verma V. Prevalence of thalassemia in antenatal patients in a rural tertiary care centre of western Uttar Pradesh. Indian J ObstetGynecol Res. 2019;6(4):469–471
7. Seth S,Nagrath A. Colpopexy in vault prolapse: comparing ventral versus sacral sling. J UP Chap Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 29:65-69
8. Swaroop N, Seth S, Kumari A, Kumari K. Mechanical versus medical induction of labour in previous LSCS cases. J UP Chap Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 29: 16-22
9. Singh E, Seth S, Rani V, Srivastava DK. Awareness of cervical cancer screening among nursing staff in a tertiary institution of rural India. J Gynecol Oncol. 2012;23(3):141–6.
10. Seth S, Goel N, Singh E, Mathur AS, Gupta G. Effect of mifepristone (25 mg) in treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal woman. J Midlife Health. 2013;4(1):22–6.
11. Kanti V, Sharma P, Seth S. Maternal mortality trends in rural Uttar pradesh, India: A 6-year retrospective study at a tertiary care institution. J SAFOG. 2017;9(4(Supplement):372–6
12. Kumari K, Swaroop N, Sharma P, Seth S, Kanti V, Kumar D. Intravenous infusion of tramadol - a safe labour analgesia. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2015;1044–7
13. Seth S, Sharma P, Vishwakarma S, et al. Prenatal workup of mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) III A lysosomal storage disease. Indian j matern-fetal neonatal med. 2016;3(2):109–11
14. Singh AK, Verma RR, Seth S, Sant SK, Singh A, et al. Sympathetic vascular reactivity and development of pregnancy induced hypertension and preeclampsia: A hypothesis. Int physiol. 2017;5(1):31–33
15. Singh AK, Bala N, Seth S, Verma RR, et al. Male partner of the couples with unexplained infertility have increased blood pressure as compared to the female partner. Int physiol. 2017;5(2):49–52
16. Nagrath A, Gupta G, Seth S, Singh E, Mathur AS. Low-dose mifepristone (25 mg) in treatment of uterine Myoma in perimenopausal women. J South Asian Fed Menopause Soc. 2013;1(1):34–7
17. Seth S, Sharma P, Rajput A, Shukla S, et al. Role of urinary calcium and urinary calcium to creatinine ratio (CCR) in diagnosis of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. Ind J Obstet Gynecol. 2016;4(3):247–52
18. Seth S, Goel N. Chronic pelvic pain evaluation and initial management--a study from rural, western Uttar Pradesh. J Indian Med Assoc. 2012;110(1):25–6,
19. Singh AK, Singh SP, Prabhakar BT, Singh M, Jain PK, Sant SK, Seth S. et al. Decreased male fertility potential increase blood pressure reactivity. Indian J Clin Anat Physiol. 2016;3(1):97-100.
20. Seth S, Nagrath A, Goel N. Oral Misoprostol for Induction of Labor. Nepal J ObstetGynaecol. 2010;5(1):40–43
21. Rawat R, Seth S, Rawat R, Garg R, Shukla S, Vishwakarma S. Chronic pelvic pain in women: comparative study between ultrasonography and laparoscopy as diagnostic tool. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2014;3(4):998-1001.
22. Seth S, Nagrah A, Goel N. low dose mifepristone(100mg) for medical termination of pregnancy. Afr J Prim Health Care Fam Med. 2011;3(1) #254 doi:10.4102/phcfm.v3i1.254
23. Seth S,Nagrath A, Singh DK. Comparison of low dose, single dose, standard Pritchard regimen of MgSO4 in antepartum eclampsia. Anatol J ObstetGynecol 2010; 1:1;1-4
24. Sharma P, Kumari K, Kanti V, Seth S. Obstructed labour : a preventable tragedy but still a long way to go in developing countries. Int J Health Sci Res. 2015;5(9): 99-104
25. Rani V, Seth S, Jain P, Singh CM, Kumar Snadip, Singh NP. Prevalence of reproductive tract infections in married women in association with their past reproductive behaviour. Ind J Prev. Soc.Med. 2009;40(3):199-202
26. Kanti V, Gupta A, Seth S, Bajaj M, et al. Comparison between intramuscular and intravenous regimen of MgSO4 in management of severe pre-eclampsia & eclampsia. Int J Reprod Contracept ObstetGynaecol 2015; 4: 195-201
27. Ranjan R, Sinha S, Seth S. Fundus changes and fetal outcome in pregnancy induced hypertension : a observational study. Int J Sci Stud 2014; 2(7): 6-9
28. Singh N, Singh U, Seth S. comparative study of nifedipine &isoxurine as tocolytic in preterm labour. J ObstetGynecol Ind. 2011; 61(5) 512-515
29. Singh U, Singh N, Seth S. Prospective analysis of etiology and outcome of preterm labour. J ObstetGynecol India. 2007; 57(1): 8-52
30. Seth S, Singh Em Mathur AS, Gupta G, Nagrath A. Low dose mifepristone (25mg) in treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal women. J SAFOMS.2013;1(1): 34-37
31. Seth S, Singh E, Mathur AS, Gupta G. Mifepristone dose response study for uterine myoma in perimenopausal women. J UPchapObstetGynecol2013; 1 (1): 49-51
32. Seth S, Singh E, Nagrath A. Pregnancy Termination: a frequent mode of Contraception in rural Uttar Pradesh and its outcome. J UP chap ObstetGynecol 2010;1(1):32-35
33. Mishra P, Seth S, Kanti V, Shukla SK. Effect of oral hydration in isolated oligohydroamnios cases and perinatal outcome. J womens Health Issues care. 2014;3(2):1-4
34. Seth S, Rawat R, Kanti V, Mishra P, VishwakarmaS. Clear Cell carcinoma of Endometrium: a Clinical review. JSAFOMS 2014; 2(1):15-19
35. Seth S, Nagrath A. Preventing Bladder injury at Hysterectomy in post Cesareans. J Gynecol Women’s Health. 2017;3(2): 555610 DOI: 10.19080/JGWH.2017.03.555610
36. Rawat R, Seth S, Kanti V. Modified Programmed labour and its outcome: A humane approach to deliver in rural settings. J UP chap Obstet Gynecol. 2014;1(1)
37. JaiswarSP, Singh R, Singh N, Seth S. Fetal outcome in relation with NST & Doppler study in high risk pregnancy. J UP chap Obstet Gynecol.2006; 1(1) 35-38
38. Gupta P, Seth S, Applebaum scoring in assessment of endometrium. . J UP chap Obstet Gynecol.2014; 1(1)
39. Rawat R, Garg R, Seth S, Nagrath A, Labour analgesia dn its outcome in rural population. Annals of applied Bio Sciences. 2016: 3(1)
40. Singh M, Kanti V, Seth S, Maternal perinatal outcome of rupture uterus at rural tertiary care institution a retrospective study. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2016;5(7): 2233-38
41. Sharma P, Seth S, Kumari K, Kanti V. Critical care analysis of high Cesarean section rates using Robson’s classification 10 system in rural teritiary care institute. J UP chap ObstetGynecol 2016; 25(1): 45-49
42. Seth S, Sharma P, Rajpoot A. Diagnostic value of micro proteinuria and MCR in Hypertensive disorder of pregnancy. J UP Chap Obstet Gynecol.2017;1(1)
43. Seth S, Goel K, Nagrath A. evaluation of genitourinary symsptome in natural and surgical menopausal women in rural area. J UP Chap Obstet Gynecol. 2017;1(2) 372-376
- 1. Shikha Seth PG. A complex case of herniated gravid uterus rupture with placenta accreta. J Genit Syst Disord [Internet]. 2013;02(02). Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2325-9728.1000107
- 2. Goel N, Seth S. An unusual case of cervical fibroid masquerading as ovarian tumor. J Midlife Health. 2016;7(3):144–6.
- 3. Seth S, Pandey P, Rawat R, Vishwakarma S. A rare areolar growth developing late in pregnancy. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2015;6(4):298–300
- 4. Seth S, Swaroop N, Verma V, et al. A rare case of scar endometriosis presenting with recurrent wound dehiscence after seven months of C-section. Ind J Obstet Gynecol. 2016;4(3):283–5
- 5. Swaroop N, Sharma P, Kumari K, Seth S. Obstructed labour caused by rare congenital anomaly of foetus: managed by foetal abdominal tapping leading to successful vaginal delivery. Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol. 2015;1220–2
- 6. Neelam Swaroop SS. Successful twin pregnancy after pre-rupture diagnosis and resection of non-communicating rudimentory horn: Case report. J Genit Syst Disord [Internet]. 2014;03(02). Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2325-9728.1000125
- 7. Seth S, Rawat R, Yadav R, Rajput A. Parasitic acardiac twin: a rare anomaly of monochorionic TRAP sequence. Int J Adv Med. 2014;1(1):63
- 8. Wafai N, Seth S, Singh P. A case of endometrial tuberculosis complicated by Pott’s spine with paraplegia. Int J Res Med Sci. 2014;2(3):1157
- 9. Seth S, Singh DK, Deoghary R. Huge nulliparous prolapse with cervical dystocia. Nepal J ObstetGynaecol. 1970;5(2):50–1
- 1. Federation of Obstetrics &Gynecology Society of India (FOGSI)
- 2. Indian Medical Association(IMA) Etawah br.. UP/7754/46/90/131860/2007-08/L
- 3. Indian Menopause Society (IMS- life member) L.M. 1860
- 4. U.P. Chapter of Obstetrics &Gynaecology (life member)
- 5. ISOPARB: life member
- 6. AGOI: Association of Gynaecological Oncologists of India (national)
- 7. UP Chapter AGOI – Association of Gynaecological Oncologists – Executive member.
- 8. OGSE – Obstetrics &Gynaecology Society Etawah(Founder member & Gen Secretary 2016-2018)
- 9. GNOGS Greater Noida Obstetrics &Gynaecology Society – Executive Member
- 10. NNF – Neonatal Forum