Our central library strives to serve teaching, learning & research needs of the medical fraternity by:
- Providing timely, accurate information and comfortable academic environment to users.
- Enable medical discovery by connecting people with knowledge.
- Promoting research & development and hence leading to improved patient care.
The central library of GIMS, Greater Noida is housed on 3rd and 4th floor of Boddhisatva Baba Saheb Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar library in Gautam Buddh university and is spread over 80000 sq. fts . The library is centrally air-conditioned and well-illuminated with seating arrangement of more than 340 users at a time.
Circulation counter (issue and return)
Computer lab (25 nodes) with internet facility
Reading room for undergraduate students
Video and cassette room
Reading room for faculty
Reading room for residents
Our central library is well-stacked with latest collection of medical text and reference books to aid our curriculum , journals of national & international repute, educational CDs and DVDs for students, faculty and research scholars.
1. Books : 1871 text & reference books.
Department wise list of books
2. Print journals : Our library has subscribed annually for 6 international and 14 indian journals.
List of print journals subscribed for year 2018-2019
3. Non-book material includes 86 CDs/DVDs collection of medical specialities.
4. Computer lab equipped with 25 computers( with internet connection) has been established to cater to varied needs of faculty and students efficiently. There is a plan to create e-library in near future.
TIMINGS AND HOLIDAYS:
Central library: Monday to Friday, 2nd & 4th Saturday of week:- 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Common reading room remains open round the clock on all days .
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- No one would be allowed to enter into the central library without the college identity card.
- Please keep your belongings in property counter before entering library.
- The guard will make entry into register during entry and exit of library.
- Please be prepared for any checking of belongings of readers at security counter.
- Please maintain silence inside the library.
- Cell phone and other electronic communication devices usage is strictly prohibited inside the library. The student should keep them in switch off or silent mode
- Please do not leave your books or belongings in the library while going out for snacks, lunch or dinner. The library staff or other students are not responsible for the loss of such things.
- Eating materials is not allowed inside library premises.
- Theft and mutilation of library materials is a punishable offense. Offenders will be penalized and payment must be made to cover all damages like writing on pages of books or tearing pages of text materials.
- Please do not write on tables. Users should not place their feet on chairs or tables
- Notices may be displayed in the library with the due permission of the Faculty in-charge of central library.
- All the readers should follow the rules of the library, failing which the librarian has the authority to bring the same to the notice of Faculty in charge of library and director of the institution ,based on which disciplinary measures will be implemented.
CIRCULATION OF BOOKS (ISSUE/ RETURN/ RENEWAL/ LOST BOOK ):
- Books are issued to bonafied members of the library for a period of 2 weeks.
- All books must be returned on/or before due date.
- Books must be brought at the counter for renewal.
- Incase the book is lost by member, it must be replaced with latest edition.
- To acquire library management software KOHA in near future.
- To obtain membership to ERMED (Electronic Resources in Medicine)- INDIA e-journal consortium started by National Medical library.
- To subscribe for e- journals and e- books