Dr. Rahul Kumar Bagla
Associate Professor & Head
M.S. , Fellow in Rhinoplasty & Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr Rahul Kumar Bagla earned his MBBS degree from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi and M.S. (ENT) degree from University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After pursuing senior residency, he joined as ENT specialist in ESIC Model Hospital, Noida. He has recieved fellowship in Rhinoplasty & Facial Plastic Surgery. He joined this prestigious institute as Assistant Professor and presently working as Associate Professor & Head of department.
Area of interest
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Facial Plastic Surgery
Details of Research Publications - Dr Rahul Kumar Bagla
- 1. Gupta N, Singh PP, Bagla RK. Will Septal Correction Surgery for Deviated Nasal Septum Improve the Sense of Smell? A Prospective Study.
- 2. Bagla RK, Basista H, Srivastava A, Pal N. A Comparative Study on Microbiological Profile and Antibiogram of Surface and Core Microflora in Patients with Chronic Tonsillitis.
- 3. Bagla RK, Srivastava A, Basista H. Prevalence of Noise Induced Hearing Loss in Bus Drivers: A Comparative Cross Sectional Study from North India.
- 4. Roshan R, Bagla RK, Srivastava A. Intratympanic Corticosteroid Administration as a Primary Treatment for Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss.
- 5. Bagla RK, Panwar A, Mohan M. Perceptions of Medical Students and Faculty on Writing ‘Reflection’ in the Log Book.
- 6. Sinha S, Bagla RK, Ranjan R. Assessment of complications of tonsilitis in a tertiary care hospital.
- 7. Panwar A, Rathore B, Sharma VK, Bagla RK, Mohan M. Attitude, Ethics and Communication competencies training module in undergraduate medical students.
- 8. Bagla RK, Anand S, Srivastava A, Basista H. Assessment of Hearing Status In Smokers – A Hospital Based Cross-Sectional Study.
- 9. Mohan M, Panwar A, Sharma VK, Bagla RK. The upcoming era of Nanotechnology: Revolutionizing medicine”.
- 10. Sinha S, Bagla RK, Ranjan R. Assessment of hearing loss in patient reporting to OPD of a tertiary care hospital.
Details of Conferences/ CME/ workshops - Dr Rahul Kumar Bagla
- 1. 17th workshop on FESS at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad on 11th to 13th Feb 2011.
- 2. 2nd International Course on "Sialendoscopy" November 11-12, 2010,UCMS DELHI.
- 3. 3rd International Course on "Sialendoscopy" on December 2-3, 2011 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- 4. Advanced Course on "Middle Ear Reconstruction" & Symposium on "Middle Ear Mechanics" on December 4-5, 2011 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- 5. The 4th LION December Broadcast, Wednesday, December 14th 2011: "Stapes Surgery, How We Do it" LION (Live International Otolaryngology Network) Winter Global Broadcast.
- 6. International Course on "Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT)" on February 10 -12, 2012 at UCMS-GTB Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- 7. Principal of Ethics in Clinical research on 20th September 2018.
- 8. International CME-cum-Workshop Recent Updates in Mind, Body & Medicine on 20th November 2018 in collaboration with Department of Psychology (GBU).
- 9. 1st Annual Otolaryngology Update - Head and Neck Oncology on 14th December 2018.
- 10. International Conference on Cancer of Larynx and Hypophayrnx, UCMS & GTBH, DELHI, 21-22 December, 2018.
- 11. "Certificate course in IAP Basic Life Support" held at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India on 19th May 2019
- 12. "Curriculum Implementation Support Program" 3 days training program held at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India on 25th -27th July 2019
- 13. CME cum Awareness programme on “Body and Organ Donation – Live Beyond Life” on 18 th September 2019.
- 14. CME cum workshop on “Current trends and future prospects in Pharmacovigilance – An integral part of Medicine Safety” on 26th & 27th September, 2019
- 15. Hands-on-training Workshop on "Small-Group Teaching Methodologies" held at Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Cantt, India on 1st Nov 2019
- 16. "Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Educational Technologies" 3 days training program conducted by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, Regional Centre at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India at 3rd to 5th December 2019
- 17. "AETCOM Sensitization Program for Attitude, Ethics and Communication" conducted by Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, Regional Centre in Medical Education Technologies at Govt Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida, UP, India on 6th December 2019
- 18. International Conference on Oral Cancer and Reconsconstruction, UCMS & GTBH, DELHI, 13-14 December, 2019.
Facility available in Department
- 1. OPD consultation with detailed history taking and clinical examination
- 2. Sound proof audiometry room with services like PTA, impedence audiometry, BERA
- 3. Speech therapy.
- 4. Well-equipped minor OT with microscope and monitor.
- 5. Various speciality clinics like vertigo clinic, head and neck cancer clinic, otology clinic and rhinology clinic are also conducted.
- 6. Well equipped with the diagonstic procedures like diagnostic nasal endoscopy , otoendoscopy, flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscopy, rigid laryngoscopy and their recording system.
- 7. All routine ENT operations like tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy with grommet insertion, tympanoplasty, mastoid surgeries,septoplasty, endoscopic sinus surgeries, rhinoplasty (open and closed), endoscopic DCR, microlaryngeal surgeries,thyroglossal cyst excisions ,parotidectomies, submandibular gland excisions,thyroidectomies,wide local excisions ,neck dissections , laryngectomies, maxillectomy.
- 8. Emergency surgeries like tracheostomies,esophagoscopies,neck exploration and repair.
- 9. Pradhanmantri Jan Aarogya Yojna - Ayushmann Bharat.
1. Well equiped minor OT with microscope,otoendoscope,rigid nasal endoscopes,FOL,rigid laryngoscopes,suction machine and recording systems.
2.Well equiped major OT with two high quality microscopes,endoscopes,monitor,CO2 laser,microdebriders and all required surgical instruments.
3. Well equiped audiometry room with facilities for PTA,impedence audiometry,BERA and speech therapy
Facility wise daily work load
- 1. ENT OPD - 2500 per Month
- 2. ENT IPD - 50 per Month
- 3. Major OT Cases - 40 per Month
- 4. Minor OT Cases - 350 per Month
- 5. Audiometry, BERA, Impedence Audiometry,Speech therapy cases - 150 per Month
CME/ Workshops organized by the department
- 1. CME - 1st Annual Otolaryngology Update - Head and Neck Oncology on 14th December 2018
Teaching & Training activities
- Actively involved in teaching and training lectures and activities along with surgery and allied branches.
Ongoing research activities
- 1. Pre-malignant lesions of oral cavity - A clinicopathological study.
- 2. Diagnostic accuracy of FNAC in thyroid swelling by comparing it to histopathology report.
- 3. Prevalence of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media (CSOM) and Associated Hearing Impairment Among School-aged Children in Greater noida.
- ENT OPD :
- 1. 04 ENT OPD Consultation Rooms
- 2. HOD Room
- 3. HOD office ( clerk / records / enquiry room )
- 4. Nurse Room
- 5. DEMO Room / Seminar room / Library
- 6. Audiometry room
- 7. Speech therapy room
- 8. Pantry
- 9. Minor OT / Dressing / Endoscopy Room
- 10. Non teaching staff room
- 11. Waiting area for patients
- 12. Patients education posters
- ENT WARDS :
- 1. 10 patients beds ( 04 semi intensive beds ) with suction, humidifier, side table & stool
- 2. HOD Room
- 3. HOD Office ( clerical room )
- 4. Sister in charge room
- 5. Nurses Duty Room
- 6. Nursing Station.
- 7. Wards are constructed in such a way that the Nurse from her Nursing Station is able to have an overview of all the patients in the wards.
- 8. Examination / Treatment / Dressing / Minor OT Room.
- 9. Ward Pantry.
- 10. Store room for linen and other equipment.
- 11. Medicine store room.
- 12. Resident Doctors and students Duty Room.
- 13. Clinical Demonstration Room
Teaching Aids available
2 Demo Rooms
No. of PCs and laptop Computers in Department
“We aim to serve mankind with the knowledge bestowed upon us by the almighty and trust laid in us by man”