Dr Saurabh Srivastava
FRCP (Ed), FRCP (Glasg),FACP, FICP, FIAMS, FIMSA, FIACM, FDI, FUDA
Professor and Head
Dr Saurabh Srivastava, is alumnus of Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal. He has done his MBBS and MD (Medicine) from Gandhi medical college, Barkatullah University Bhopal and senior residency from UCMS-GTB hospital Delhi. Since then he is pursuing his academic career at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Medical Sciences and Research, Sharda University, and presently at GIMS. He is a recognized undergraduate and post graduate teacher and is actively involved in teaching undergraduates and post graduates. He is an astute clinician and has been awarded fellowships of various national and international academic bodies. He is Fellow of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and Glasgow (FRCP Ed, FRCP Glasg), Indian College of Physicians (FICP), International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA), Indian Association of Clinical Medicine (FIACM), Diabetes India (FDI), IMA academy of Medical Specialities (FIAMS). He is also a member of ‘Academy of Medical Sciences’.
He has been awarded ‘GB Jain oration’ of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine, and ‘Padmakar Tripathi award’ of UPDA. He is member of governing body of UPDA, API- Delhi State Chapter, and Indian Society for Atherosclerosis Research. He has been member editorial board of ‘Medicine Update’ UPAPICON 2015, ‘Medicine Update’ IACM 2015 and Guest editor of a Symposium of Diabetes Mellitus in JIMSA. He is Assosiate Editor of International Journal of Diabetes in developing countries and past journal Secretary of JIACM.
He has more than 50 publications in various national and international journal, and more than 20 chapters in books. He has been speaker and chairperson in various national conferences including APICON.
He has been in the governing body of various academic bodies. He is Chairman of the first chapter of UPDA i.e UPDA- Gautam Budh Nagar Chapter and is conducting various academic and social activities in this region. ‘Dialogues in Diabetes’ is the annual academic event of the chapter.
1. Chief Medical Superintendent – Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida
2. 2012 Completed “Certificate Course in Management Of Diabetes” From Medvarsity University
3. 2013 Awarded Fellowship of International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA)
4. 2013 Awarded Fellowship of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine (FIACM)
5. 2013 Awarded Fellowship of Indian College of Physician (FICP), an academic wing of association of Physicians of India
6. 2014 Awarded ‘GB Jain Oration’ at IACMCON held at Agra
7. 2015 Has been a Guest Editor of Symposium: Challenges of Diabetes In India in JIMSA
8. 2015 Padmakar Tripathi Award- UPDA conference at Jim Corbett
9. 2016 Awarded Membership of National Acadmey of Medical Sciences (MAMS)
10. 2017 Awarded ‘Investigator of the year Award’ at BPCON held at New Delhi
11. 2017 Awarded Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh [FRCP (Ed)]
12. 2019 Awarded Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow [FRCP (Glasg)]
13. 2022 Awarded Fellowship of American college of Physicians (FACP)
14. Have been MBBS and BDS examiner at various universities
15. Have been a Subject Expert at J & K Public service Commission
16.Secretary of Journal of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine
17. Member Editorial board - “ Journal of Internal Medicine of India”
18.Member Editorial Board- “Medicine Update” UPAPICON 2015
19. Member Editorial Board- “Medicine Update” IACM 2015
20. Deputy and Additional Medical Suprintendent – Sharda Hospital, Greater Noida
Research Work by Dr Saurabh Srivastava
- 1. “To study the correlation of postprandial lipemia with markers of insulin resistance and markers of inflammation in patients with prediabetes”:. Funded by Research Society of Study of Diabetes in India
- 2. “To study the Prevalence of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in Uttar Pradesh”: Funded by Uttar Pradesh Diabetes Association
Details of Research publications by Dr Saurabh Srivastava
- 1. Saurabh Srivastava, SV Madhu. Low carbohydrate diet in management of obesity- A short review: International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries: 2005, vol 25, number2: 42-45.
- 2. S Dwivedi, S Srivastava, G Dwivedi. Smoking associated with malignancy, hypertension, obstructive pulmonary and concurrent coronary artery disease- Report of nine cases: Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2006;48:211-214
- 3. Sohaib Ahmad, Saurabh Srivastava, Sanjiv Kumar Verma, Prashant Puri, Nadia Shirazi. Scrub typhus in Uttarakhand, India: a common rickettsial disease in an uncommon geographical region. Trop Doct. 2010; 40: 188–190.
- 4. Yogendra Singh, Saurabh Srivastava, Sohaib Ahmad, Sunil Kumar Mishra, Nadia Shirazi, Minali Raja, SK Verma. Is lipid tetrad index the strongest predictor of premature coronary artery disease in north India? JIACM. 2010;11(3): 175-179.
- 5. Saurabh Srivastava, Sohaib Ahmad, SK Verma, Nadia Shirazi, Prashant Puri. Retrospective analysis of vivax malaria patients presenting to a tertiary referal centre of Uttarakhand. Acta Tropica. 2011; 117: 82–85.
- 6. A Sethi, S Srivastava, SV Madhu. Prevalence and pattern of use of indigenous medicines in Diabetic patients attending tertiary care centre. J Indian Med Asoc. 2011: 109: 469-71.
- 7. Saurabh Srivastava, Yogendra Singh and Prashant Puri. Pneumopericardium in AIDS. Heart Asia 2011 3: 46.
- 8. Saurabh Srivastava, SV Madhu . Utility of CGMS in Clinical Practice – A report of two Cases. J Indian Med Asoc. 2012: 110: 44-5.
- 9. Saurabh Srivastava, Sohaib Ahmad, Minakshi Dhar, Ajai Kumar Garg. Iatrogenic Cushing’s syndrome – An observational study. JIACM 2015: 16(1): 43-46.
- 10. A Aggarwal, Saurabh Srivastava, M Aggarwal, S Dwivedi. Premature Graying of hair:- An independent risk marker for coronary artery disease in smokers – A retrospective case control study. Ethiop J Health Sci. 2015: 25(2): 123-128.
- 11. SV Madhu, Saurabh Srivastava. Diabetes Mellitus: Diagnosis and Management Guidelines. JIMSA. 2015:28(1): 47-50.
- 12. HM Kansal, Saurabh Srivastava, SK Bhargava. Diabetes Mellitus and Tuberculosis. JIMSA. 2015:28(1): 58-60.
- 13. Saurabh Srivastava, SK Bhargava. Symposium: Challenges of Diabetes In India- Editorial. JIMSA. 2015:28(1):45.
- 14. Saurabh Srivastava, Payal Jain, Dheerendra Kuber, GD Sharma. Haematological profile of vivax malaria patients. JIACM 2015; 16(3-4): 209-12.
- 15. SV Madhu, S Kant, S Srivastava, R Kant, S.B. Sharma, D.P. Bhadoria Postprandial lipaemia in patients with impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes mellitus: Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice: 80 (2008) 380-385.
- 16. Yogendra Singh, Sohaib Ahmad, Saurabh Srivastava, SK Verma, Nadia Shirazi, AD Surya. Trends in Aetiology and outcome of Patients with Pericardial Effusion – A Five Year Experience: JIACM 2008; 9(2) :96-9.
- 17. S Ahmad, Y Singh, S Srivastava, N Shirazi, S Verma. Pericardial Effusion caused by Non-Tuberculous Mycobateria in a Immuno-competent Patient. The Internet Journal Of Infectious Diseases. 2009 Volume 7 number 2.
- 18. Sohaib Ahmad, Swati Garg, Minakshi Dhar, Saurabh Srivastava, Satish Prasad Barthwal, Nadia Shirazi, Rajendra Srivastava. Predictors of atherosclerosis in Rheumatoid arthritis. Vasa. 2012; 41: 353-359.
- 19. Minakshi Dhar, Nadia Shirazi, Sohaib Ahmad, Saurabh Srivastava, Debasis Biswas, Nowneet K Bhat. De novo experience of a single outbreak of dengue infection at a tertiary referral centre of Uttarakhand, North India. JIACM 2013; 14(3-4): 225-9.
- 20. Minakshi Dhar, Sohaib Ahmad, Saurabh Srivastava, Nadia Shirazi. Disseminated cysticercosis: uncommon presentation of a common disease. Annals of tropical medicine and public health. 2013:317-20
- 21. Sohaib Ahmad, Minakshi Dhar, Saurabh Srivastava, Nowneet K Bhatt, Nadia Shirazi, Debasis Biswas, Monil Kadian, Santosh Ghai. Dengue hepatitis sans dysfunction: experience of a single tertiary referral centre in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. Trop doct. 2013;43(2):62-5. DOI 10.1177/0049475513483281
- 22. A Aggarwal, A Raoot, Saurabh Srivastava, S Dwivedi. Short term mortality in acute coronary syndrome: effect of dysglycaemia and smoking. Int J Clin Pract. 2014,68; 3: 403-6.
- 23. HM Kansal, Eema Chowdhry, Saurabh Srivastava, Shitij Goel, Sushil Gaur, Sunil Kumar Singh Bhadouriya. Efficacy of Non Invasive Ventilation in Patients of Respiratory Failure: Study of 50 patients. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2015; 3(2C):689-692.
- 24. A Garg, P Jain, AK Agarwal, S Srivastava. Lower lung field Tuberculosis. JIACM 2015: 16(1): 60-66.
- 25. A Garg, P Jain, AK Agarwal, S Srivastava. Osteoporosis Physicians Perspective. JIACM 2015: 16(1): 52-59.
- 26. Hari Mohan Kansal, Dheerendra Kuber, Saurabh Srivastava, Neeta Bhardwaj. Prevalence of HIV-TB co-infection in Gautam Budh Nagar of western Uttar Pradesh. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2016:11(5): 446-8.
- 27. Jain Payal, Kuber Dheerendra, Srivastava Saurabh. Clinical spectrum and unusual manisfestations of Dengue fever. Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development. 2016: 7(4):108-13.>
- 28. Sandesh Shrestha, Rahul Saxena, Saurabh Srivastava, Rajesh Kumar Thakur. Evaluation of cardiometabolic profile, endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress in Metabolic syndrome: Acomparative perspective. – Medical Science 2016; Sep, Vol-4(3):334-340.>
- 29. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Gladys Rai, Saurabh Srivastava, Rahul Saxena. Evaluation of lipid profile status in nondiabetic and diabetic hypothyroidism patients. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2016; 4(12D):4493-4498.>
- 30. Rajesh Kumar Thakur, M Itagappa, GRK Rao, Saurabh Srivastava, Rachna Aggarwal. Distribution and effect of APO E genotype on plasma lipid in non-obese and obese in north Indian population. JMSCR, 2017; Vol-5(3): 19624-19631.>
- 31. Rajesh Kumar Thakur, Rachna Aggarwal, M Itagappa, GRK Rao, Saurabh Srivastava, Jyoti Batra. Metabolic Profiles in Abdominal Obesity and Generalized Obesity in College Students. JMSCR, 2017; Vol-5(4): 19877-19883. >
- 32. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Manoj Kumar Nandkeoliar, Gladys Rai, Saurabh Srivastava, Rahul Saxena. Assessment of insulin resistance in diabetic hypothyroidism patients – A clinical insight. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2017; 5(2C):531-535.
- 33. Gupta AK, Patro TR, Srivastava S, Aggarwal A, Sharma GK, Kohli A. Detection of high risk foot in diabetic patients attending diabetic clinic. International Journal of Scientific Research 2018; 7(3): 430-33
- 34. Aisha, Gambhir JK, Srivastava S, Saxena R. Glycosylated Hemoglobin and Its Relation with Lipid Peroxidation in Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2018; 6(5): 1996-1999
- 35. Kaeley N, Ahmad S, Shirazi N , Bhatia R, Bhat NK, Srivastava S, Dhar M Kumar M. Malarial Hepatopathy : A 6-Years Retrospective Observational Study From Uttarakhand, North India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 2017; 111: 220–225.
- 36. Sumeet Bhargave, Saurabh Srivastava, Amit Gupta. Ultrasonographic Findings in Dengue fever- A Retrospective Study – Accepted for Publication in JIMSA
Chapters in book published by Dr Saurabh Srivastava
- 1. Saurabh Srivastava, AK Agarwal. Endocrine emergencies in Rewari et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2013, IACM, JAYPEE Vol XVI, p 119-126.
- 2. Saurabh Srivastava, Ajai Kumar Garg. Malaria in Pregnancy in AK Gupta et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2014, IACM, SAM Advertisers and Printers vol XVII, p 61-67.
- 3. Saurabh Srivastava. Rickettsial Disease – Indian Perspective in AK Gupta et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2014, IACM, SAM Advertisers and Printers vol XVII, p 283-289.
- 4. Amit Gupta, Amitesh Aggarwal, Saurabh Srivastava. Emerging and reemerging Infectious diseases- swine flu(H1N1) and ebola virus disease. In SK Sahoo et al (ed) Medicine Update 2015, UPAPICON, Buckprint. p 1-13.
- 5. Dheerendra Kuber, Payal Jain, Saurabh Srivastava. Infective Endocarditis. In SK Sahoo et al (ed) Medicine Update 2015, UPAPICON, Buckprint. p 37-52.
- 6. Dheerendra Kuber, Payal Jain, Saurabh Srivastava, Praveeen Shukla. Myocarditis. In SK Sahoo et al (ed) Medicine Update 2015, UPAPICON, Buckprint. p 60-68.
- 7. Saurabh Srivastava, Amitesh Aggarwal. Role of gut microbiota in type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. In SK Sahoo et al (ed) Medicine Update 2015, UPAPICON, Buckprint. p 236-243.
- 8. Amit Gupta, Saurabh Srivastava. Ebola virus – Emerging global threat. In NK Soni et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2015, IACM, p 69-76.
- 9. Satish, Dheerendra Kuber, Saurabh Srivastava. Heart Failure Management. In NK Soni et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2015, IACM, p 215-228.
- 10. Saurabh Srivastava, Dheerendra Kuber, Amit Gupta. Managing Thrombocytopenia. In NK Soni et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2015, IACM, p 505-514.
- 11. Amitesh Aggarwal, Saurabh Srivastava. Non-invasive imaging in heart failure. In NK Soni et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2015, IACM, p 563-57.
12. Saurabh Srivastava, Dheerendra Kuber, Bornali Borua. MRSA, VRE, NDM: Prevalence,prevention and management in Indian scenario. In Gurpreet S Wander et al (ed) Medicine Update (Progress in Medicine) 2016, API, JAYPEE, p 792-797.
- 13. Amitesh Aggarwal, Saurabh Srivastava, Amit Gupta. Namomedicine. In PC Mathur et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2016, IACM, Welcome Offset Printers, p 67-82.
- 14. Saurabh Srivastava, Amitesh Aggarwal, Amit Gupta. Insulin use in type 2 diabetes mellitus. In PC Mathur et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2016, IACM, Welcome Offset Printers, p 119-124.
- 15. Amitesh Aggarwal, Saurabh Srivastava, Amit Gupta. Management of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. In PC Mathur et al (ed) Clinical Medicine Update 2016, IACM, Welcome Offset Printers, p 215-222.
- 16. Saurabh Srivastava, Payal Jain. Jaundice in Pregnancy. In Medicine Update 2017 API (in Press)
Details of national & international awards won by Dr Saurabh dr-saurabh-srivastava
- 1. Fellowship of Royal College Of Physicians of Edinburgh (FRCP Ed)
- 2. Fellowship of Royal College Of Physicians of Glasgow (FRCP Glasg)
- 3. Fellowship of Indian College of Physician (FICP)
- 4. Fellowship of IMA Academy of Medical Specialities (FIAMS)
- 5. Fellowship of International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA)
- 6. Fellowship of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine (FIACM)
- 7. Fellowship of Diabetes India (FDI)
- 8. Fellowship of Uttar Pradesh Diabetes Association (FUDA)
- 9. GB Jain Oration of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine
- 10. Padmakar Tripathi Award of Uttar Pradesh Diabetes Association
- 11. Investigator of the Year Award 2016, 2017 of hypertension society of India
- 11. Awarded O P jain oration of Noida API in 2022.
Details of Editorial work by Dr Saurabh dr-saurabh-srivastava
- 1. Associate Editor- International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries (IJDDC)– Official Journal of RSSDI
- 2. Secretary to editor - Journal Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine (JIACM) of IACM
- 3. Member editorial board – Journal of Internal Medicine of India (JIMI) of UPAPI
- 4. Ex - Editor- E- Bulletin, SMS&R Sharda Hospital
- 5. Guest Editor- Symposium of Diabetes Mellitus in Journal International Medical Sciences Academy (JIMSA) of IMSA
Details of CME/CONFERENCES ORGANIZED by Dr Saurabh Srivastava
- 1. Member Organizing Committee- RSSDI 2013, 2015
- 2. Member Organizing Committee UPDACON 2014,2015,2016
- 3. Organizing Chairman - Healthy Living and Diabetes CME in Gautam Budh Nagar Nov 2014
- 4. Organizing Chairman - Seminar on Diabetic Foot in Greater Noida 1st July 2015
- 5. Organizing Chairman - Diabetes CME Gautam Budh Nagar- Noida in 2016
- 6. Organizing Chairman - Dialogues in Diabetes- I August 28th August 2016 in Noida
- 7. Organizing Chairman - Dialogues in Diabetes-II May 14 2017 at Le Meredian New Delhi
- 8. Organizing Secretary - UPDACON 2018
Details of Public Events/Activities Organized by Dr Saurabh Srivastava
- 1. Member Organizing Committee for RSSDI Diabetes Walk 2013 for Diabetes awareness
- 2. Organizing Chairman - UPDA Diabetes Walk Nov 2014
- 3. Painting and poster competition at Gautam Buddh University and schools on occasion of World Diabetes Day 2014
- 4. Organizing Chairman - UPDA Diabetes Walk Nov 2015
- 5. Painting and poster competition at Gautam Buddh University and schools on occasion of World Diabetes Day 2015
- 6. Public Lecture on World Diabetes Day 2015 at GBU-Greater Noida
- 7. Organizing Chairman - UPDA Diabetes Walk Nov 2016
- 8. Nurses and paramedical education program Nov 15th 2016 ,Greater Noida
- 9. Engagement with local media and press for diabetes education and social awareness 2013-2016
- 10. Public Awareness lecture on Hypertension at Dronacharya Institute on May 30 2017