Dr (Brig.) Rakesh Kumar Gupta
Director of GIMS
MD (Paed), M Phil (HHSM) - AFMC Pune
- Dr (Brig) Rakesh Gupta is an alumnus of JN Medical College Aligarh and did MD in Pediatrics from prestigious Armed Forces Medical College Pune and M.Phil in Hospital and health system Management (HHSM) from BITS Pilani and trained in NABH. During his illustrious AFMS carrier, he has held a various appointments in field as Regimental Medical officer and worked as Pediatrician in tertiary care Armed Forces hospitals at Delhi, Lucknow and Pune. He was actively involved in undergraduate and Post graduate teaching as Professor of Pediatrics at Armed Forces Medical College Pune, Base Hospital Delhi Cantt and Command Hospital Lucknow. He is a recognized supervisor & guide for post graduate candidates of DCH, MD (Paeds) & DNB at universities of Delhi, Pune, MUHS Nashik, RGUHS Bangalore, West Bengal UHS Kolkata, HIMS Dehradun, A M U Aligarh, Dy Patil University Mumbai and National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. For his dedicated and committed service to the Armed Forces, the officer has been bestowed upon "Chief of Army chief staff commendation" thrice in 2009, 2013 and 2017. He was also awarded "GOC-in-C Commendation" in 2016 for exemplary services while commanding a Military hospital. He is a pediatrician par excellence and has been awarded prestigious FIAP by Indian academy of pediatrics for his contribution in the field of Pediatrics. He has published over 50 papers in National & international Journals and presented more than 100 papers in conferences. He was heading the department of Pediatrics, AFMC Pune, before he took over as Director of GIMS Greater Noida on 21 Jul 2018.
Our Director's Message
- 1. The Government Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS) Greater Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar (UP) is an autonomous medical teaching institute established by the State Government of Uttar Pradeshestablished since the 15th February, 2016. The institution is registered with Society as an autonomous institution on the lines of SGPGI Lucknow. The Chairperson of the Institute is Shri (Dr) Anup Chandra Pandey, Chief Secretary, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh; Vice Chairperson is Dr. Rajneesh Dube, Principal Secretary Medical Education. The current Director of the institute is Prof. (Brig) Rakesh Gupta. The institute is affiliated to the prestigious King George's Medical University, Lucknow.
- 2. GIMS was established with an aim to improve the status of health of the rural and urban population of western Uttar Pradesh, by providing a state of art health facilities as well as facilitating equitable access to quality health care through a revamped health care system, targeted outreach services as well as involvement of community and local bodies.
- 3. GIMS is located in Greater Noida, near Kasna in Gautam Buddha Nagar and caters to the districts of Gautam Buddha Nagar, Hapur, Bulandshehar, Khurja, Jewar, Mathura and neighbouring areas. The Mission of the institute is to provide comprehensive medical facilities to each and every life without discrimination along with developing GIMS as a center of excellence in the field of health delivery system, medical education and research.
- 4. The institute has state of the art infrastructure, well equipped high-end equipment and laboratories, along with Skill lab. The faculty is from reputed institutions, are highly experienced and dedicated, well versed in latest Medical Education Technology and trained in newer curriculum guidelines from the MCI. 5. The hospital is fully functional providing comprehensive care in all the specialties. The patient load in the OPD as well as inpatients is increasing day by day. There are approximately 1500-2000 patients are visiting every day and more than 200 patients are admitted in the hospital.
For Details- Please visit us at - www.gims.ac.in , 0120-2341738, 2341736